Types of Membership
Member for Life
$6,300 plus a one-off nomination fee of $99
Life Member’s enjoy the benefits of a Full Membership, however one lump sum is paid and the holder automatically receives a new set of passes every season.
$450 plus a one-off nomination fee of $99
*Territory Rate – $375 plus a one-off nomination fee of $99
A Full Membership provides the holder with a personal non-transferrable Membership pass, a guest pass and a car park pass. This membership provides access to the racecourse all year round as well as access to Member areas. The holder of the Membership is also eligible to be elected to the Committee and may vote at the Annual General Meeting. Full Membership also provides the opportunity of reciprocal visits to other Australian major Race Clubs. For full details, visit the Reciprocal Privileges section.
$320 plus a one-off nomination fee of $99
*Territory Rate – $245 plus a one-off nomination fee of $99
This membership is similar to a Full Membership, however, the holder receives one Member’s pass (no guest pass included) and a car park pass. The holder of the Membership is also eligible to be elected to the Committee and may vote at the Annual General Meeting. Single Membership also provides the opportunity of reciprocal visits to other Australian major Race Clubs. For full details, visit the Reciprocal Privileges section.
Young Membership 18 – 35
Young members are entitled to one car park pass, one non-transferrable membership and one transferrable guest pass. Young members receive all the same benefits as Full and Single memberships, however, they are exempt from the one-off nomination fee. Young members will also be invited to partake in a range of special events.
To be eligible for a Young Membership you must be aged between 18-35 years old at the time of application.
Members who live and reside in the Northern Territory are entitled to receive all the privileges of a full or single membership (depending on their choice) at a discounted price. To qualify for this your primary residential address must be within the Northern Territory, clearly indicated on the application form and ID evidence provided (eg, NT Drivers License).
Holders of the following concession cards are entitled to receive all the privileges of a full or single membership (depending on their choice) at 35% discounted price:
• Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
• Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
• State/Territory issued Seniors Card
• Student ID Card (Full-Time Only)
|Membership Type||Price||Territory Rate*||Concession Rate||Nomination Fee Required|
|Member for Life||$6,300||N/A||N/A||$99|
At Darwin Turf Club, we appreciate the ongoing support of our members year after year. In exchange for a membership fee, our members receive:
- Complimentary entry for all race meetings.
- Access to the air-conditioned Ted Bailey Grandstand, Sid Parker Members Clubhouse and New Grandstand.
- Reciprocal Privileges to other Australian major race clubs, including the ability to purchase Members’ enclosure tickets to many of the race meets around Australia.
- Complimentary social membership at the SILKS Darwin Racing and Sports Club.
- Discounted beverage prices on course.
- Priority access to purchase Darwin Cup Carnival and Feature Race day ticketing and events.
- Access to discounted members tickets and reserved seating.
- Complimentary subscriptions to;
- Darwin Turf Club Annual Report
- Annual Darwin Cup Carnival souvenir magazine
- Regular newsletter and email updates.
- Invitations to select functions such as the Members’ Christmas Party and Darwin Cup Carnival Launch.
- Complimentary afternoon tea in the Members’ Clubhouse throughout the year.
- Complimentary onsite car parking during race meets and events. The car park pass is issued with new membership badges each year and must be displayed on the rearview mirror or passenger dashboard prior to the vehicle entering the Members’ Car Park.
Other inclusions are the opportunity for decision making relative to the racing industry with voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and the opportunity to nominate for the committee after 12 months as a member.
2021 Memberships are valid from 1st January – 31st December 2021.
Become a member
Want to become a 2022 member? Simply download the Membership Application Form.
Want to renew your existing Membership? Simply download the Membership Renewal Form.
All application forms can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail to PO Box 589, Darwin NT 0801 or in person at the Darwin Turf Club administration office.
Members of the major metropolitan race clubs outlined on this page; are entitled to reciprocal privileges as outlined below:
- During the Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival, reciprocal members pay gate entry and receive a complimentary upgrade to the Ted Bailey Grandstand on the following days:
- Hot 100 Darwin Guineas Race Day
- Asian United Food Service, Chief Minister’s Cup Day
- Bridge Toyota Ladies’ Day
- Ladbrokes NT Derby Day
- TAB Metric Mile Race Day
- Darwin Corporate Park Race Day
- During the Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival, reciprocal members pay gate entry and receive a complimentary upgrade to the Members’ Lawn facilities, on the following days:
- bet 365 Palmerston Sprint Day.
- During the Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival reciprocal members pay a fixed price of $100 and receive a complimentary upgrade to the Members’ Lawn facilities, on the following days:
- Great Northern Darwin Cup Day.
*Please note that each reciprocal member is able to apply for two tickets at the reciprocal Members’ pricing. Each member needs to show a copy of their membership badge.
**During the carnival period all reciprocal rights tickets must be purchased prior to the race day you are attending.
Members of the following major Metropolitan race clubs are entitled to reciprocal privileges as outlined below:
Feature Race Days (ie: Melbourne Cup Day, St Patrick’s Day and other days deemed features outside of Carnival)
Reciprocal Members must pay racecourse admission and will receive two (2) complimentary access passes to the member facilities for the day. Photo ID and a current Member badge must be presented at the Administration Office PRIOR TO Feature Race Days to collect passes.
Non Feature Race Days:
Reciprocal Members can obtain complimentary gate admission to non-feature race days so deemed by the Darwin Turf Club. Reciprocal members must present photo ID and a current members badge from the appropriate racing club at the administration building in exchange for a complimentary gate admission ticket.
NOTE: Due to the size of our facilities, on Great Northern Darwin Cup Weekend Saturday & Monday races, complimentary Member passes will provide access to the Members Lawn area only. Please contact the Darwin Turf Club on 8923 4222 or email to obtain the Reciprocal Privilege ticket booking form
As a member of the Darwin Turf Club, you are entitled to a range of reciprocal privileges with Principal Clubs and certain Provincial Clubs listed below under the following conditions:
DTC Members must pay racecourse admission and present current photo ID and full membership card at the Race Day Office of the host club.
South Australian Jockey Club & Thoroughbred Park ACT provide visiting members to non-feature and feature meetings with 2 x complimentary members tickets, plus the option to purchase additional tickets at the Club’s discretion (please note this offer does not apply to the SAJC on Adelaide Cup or Melbourne Cup Day).
Alice Springs Turf Club, Victoria Racing Club, Moonee Valley Racing Club, Gold Coast Turf Club & Tasmanian Turf Club provide visiting members to non-feature meetings with up to two (2) complimentary Members tickets. Arrangements for feature race meetings at these Clubs provide visiting Members with the option to purchase up to two (2) Members tickets.
Melbourne Racing Club, Australian Turf Club, Sydney Turf Club, Brisbane Racing Club and Perth Racing provide visiting Members to non-feature meetings with one (1) complimentary Member’s ticket and the option to purchase one (1) additional ticket. Arrangements for feature race meetings at these Clubs provide visiting Members with the option to purchase up to two (2) Members’ tickets.
To ascertain prices & procedures, we recommend you contact the appropriate Club direct.
|Northern Territory||Alice Springs Turf Club||(08) 8952 4977||PO
Box 181 |
|Victoria||Victoria Racing Club||1300 727 575||448 Epsom Road, Flemington VIC email@example.com|
|Victoria||Melbourne Racing Club||1300 GO RACE (46 7223)||PO Box 231, Caulfield East, Victoria firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Victoria||Moonee Valley Racing Club|| 1300 THE VALLEY (1300 843 825)||PO Box 245, Moonee Ponds, VIC, email@example.com|
|South Australia||South Australian Jockey Club||(08) 8295 0105||79 Morphett Road, Morphettville SA firstname.lastname@example.org|
|New South Wales||Australian Turf Club||1300 729 668||Locked Bag 3, Randwick NSW email@example.com|
|Australian Capital Territory||Thoroughbred Park||(02) 6204 0000||Postal
PO Box 275|
MITCHELL ACT 2911
|Queensland||Brisbane Racing Club||07 3268 2171||PO Box 817, Hamilton Central QLD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Queensland||Gold Coast Turf Club||(07) 5353 5608||PO Box 5070, GCMC QLD email@example.com|
|Tasmania||Tasmanian Turf Club||03 63261070||PO Box 340, MOWBRAY Tasmania firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Australia||Perth Racing||(08) 9277 0777||P.O.
Belmont, WA 6984