The Darwin Turf Club is the Northern Territory’s largest thoroughbred racing club.
Each year, the club hosts approximately 39 race meetings in addition to hosting some of Darwin’s most prestigious functions and special events, including the month-long Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival.
Managing a large venue with upwards of 40,000 people over the dry season, the Darwin Turf Club employs a number of casual and full-time staff across a variety of skillsets.
Due to the nature of the thoroughbred racing industry, the Darwin Turf Club is regularly recruiting for casual employees.
The course is open seven days a week for non-racing functions and events, with the busiest periods over June, July and August for the Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival. Opportunities for day and evening work is available.
Job vacancies will be posted when positions are available – check this page regularly for updates.
Roles include: Chefs and cooks, wait staff, bar staff, catering assistants, tracks and grounds staff, and gate staff.
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Considering a career with the Darwin Turf Club? Please see below for any current job listings.
There are currently no jobs available.
2021 Darwin Cup Carnival – Walk in Interview
The Darwin Turf Club is currently recruiting for the 2021 Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival.
Our WALK IN INTERVIEW SESSIONS are being held at the Darwin Turf Club, Dick Ward Drive, Fannie Bay. All applicants must attend one of the sessions listed below with all the required documentation, and dressed appropriately. There is no need to book a time, simply show up at the advertised time.
Please come to the STAFF ENTRY gate, next to the big roundabout in the Members Car Park and see the HR staff for instructions. Please ensure you arrive before the advertised time listed below as the doors to the session will close immediately at the start time. Late arrivals will have to return for an alternative session.
Interview Dates & Times
Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes early as doors close right on the start time and no late comers will be let in. You will be required to complete paperwork prior to the commencement of the formal session, and at the conclusion, one-on-one interviews will be held to assess suitability for your preferred position. You will need a pair of black dress pants or black skirts and black dress shoes for all customer facing roles. If you already own these, please wear them to the interview.
Interview times are as follows:
- Tuesday, June 22 at 6pm
- Wednesday, June 23 at 6pm
- Monday, June 28 at 6pm
- Tuesday June 29 at 6pm
- Wednesday, June 30 at 6pm
- All applicants must be available to work the PUBLIC HOLIDAY on Monday, 2nd August which is Darwin Cup Day
- You must bring ALL the required documents listed at the bottom of this page to be admitted to the interview session
- You must have a valid and working email address for your online induction and a working mobile phone number to receive and accept rosters
- Applicants under the age of 18 must attend the session with a parent or guardian
- Current resume
- Australian photo ID for Australian citizens or passport for travellers
- Tax file number or proof that you have applied for one
- Bank details
- Super fund details (if choosing your own fund)
- Any relevant certificates (e.g. RSA if you are applying for bar work)
- Duty Managers
- Function Managers
- Bar & Functions Supervisors
- Wait Staff
- Bar Attendants
- TAB Operators
- Bar Stock Runners
- Fridge Stackers
- Gates and Ticketing Staff
- Chefs, Kitchen Hands, Kiosk Staff
- Clean Up Crew
To apply for these roles, you must attend one of the interview sessions with all the required documents. If you are unable to attend any of the above dates, please keep an eye out on our website for more walk-in interview dates in July.