The Darwin Turf Club is the Northern Territory’s largest thoroughbred racing club.
Each year, the club hosts approximately 39 race meetings in addition to hosting some of Darwin’s most prestigious functions and special events, including the month-long Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival.
Managing a large venue with upwards of 40,000 people over the dry season, the Darwin Turf Club employs a number of casual and full-time staff across a variety of skillsets.
Considering a career with the Darwin Turf Club? Please see below for any current job listings:
MEETING & EVENT SALES ADMINISTRATOR
The position of Meeting & Events Sales Administrator reports to the Meeting & Events Sales Executive within the hospitality team, and is responsible for overseeing all administration aspects of any functions and events sold within the Darwin Turf Club and Silks Darwin.
This is a new position within the Darwin Turf Club and it offers the successful candidate the opportunity to make their mark within our business, with outstanding growth and development opportunities within the Sales and Events team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend planning and debrief meetings for events and follow-up on action items
- Handover from Sales Team members for weekend events
- Attend to all last-minute client requests and communicate any changes to front of house and back of house operations teams
- Liaise with the food and beverage department to coordinate all food and beverage requirements for events
- Update BEO with any changes and distribute as required
- Liaise with other key stakeholders as required such as WHS partners, bars and restaurant departments, etc.
- Coordinate the contractual requirements for events and entertainment including but not limited to Bump in, bump out schedules
- Ensure that all operational and sales staff focus on guest recognition and quality of service delivery by developing feedback loops
- Maximise guest satisfaction by ensuring efficient management of all pre-event guest issues or disputes
- Maximise the positive experience for our guests by developing effective relationships with personnel across department lines
- Provide a safe environment and experience for guests
- Be an integral member of the Events Team and contribute to ideas, discussions and overall success of the department
- Demonstrate the values of the business
- Contribute to an enthusiastic and driven team environment
- Communicate effectively with a positive attitude in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders
- Comply with policies and procedures set by Darwin Turf Club/Silks Darwin
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in events or hospitality operations.
- Ability to accomplish projects and problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with Amadeus /Delphi preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience in sales
- Availability to work over weekends and public holidays as required by the business.
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply, please click here.
Due to the nature of the thoroughbred racing industry, the Darwin Turf Club is regularly recruiting for casual employees.
The course is open seven days a week for non-racing functions and events, with the busiest periods over June, July and August for the Great Northern Darwin Cup Carnival. Opportunities for day and evening work are available.
Walk-in interviews to take place at Brett Dixon House, Tenancy 8 (Dick Ward Drive, Fannie Bay) on:
- Tuesday, 7th of June 2022 from 9.30am to 3.00pm
- Thursday, 9th of June from 5.00pm to 8.00pm
- Saturday, 11th of June 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Job vacancies will be posted when positions are available – check this page regularly for updates.
Roles include: Duty Managers, Supervisors, Bar/Wait Staff, Bar Stock Runners, Gates & Ticketing Staff, Clean Up Crew, TAB Operators, tracks and grounds staff, and gate staff.
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org