The 2019 Darwin Cup Carnival recruitment campaign will commence in mid-June 2019.
All applicants are required to attend one of the interview session’s listed below with all the required documentation. No applications will be accepted online and all applicants must attend a face to face interview, supply all required documents and complete their online induction before commencement of employment.
WALK IN INTERVIEW REQUIREMENTS
Our WALK IN interview sessions will be held at Fannie Bay Race Course (Dick Ward Drive – Fannie Bay). Please come to the STAFF ENTRY gate next to the big roundabout of the Members Carpark and see the HR staff. Please ensure you arrive by the interview time, as no late comers will be seen once the session starts.
|Tuesday 11 June||4pm||Tuesday 9 July||2pm||Tuesday 30 July||6pm|
|Wednesday 12 June||4pm||Wednesday 10 July||5pm||Friday 2 August||11am|
|Wednesday 19 June||4pm||Sunday 14 July||3pm, 6pm||Sunday 4 August||12pm|
|Thursday 20 June||4pm||Monday 15 July||5pm|
|Wednesday 26 June||4pm||Tuesday 23 July||2pm|
|Thursday 27 June||6pm||Wednesday 24 July||2pm|
|Monday 1 July||2pm||Thursday 25 July||4pm|
|Tuesday 2 July||2pm||Sunday 28 July||2pm|
|Monday 8 July||6pm||Monday 29 July||6pm|
- First Impressions make a big difference – Dress for an interview! Smart Casual – no thongs/flip flops, cut off denim shorts, singlets or any other beach wear. If you own black dress pants or a black skirt and black shoes, wear them to the interview as this is part of the uniform.
- All applicants must be available to work Monday 5th August for Darwin Cup Day.
- You must bring all the required documents listed at the bottom of this page to be admitted to the interview session.
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS – You must bring these documents to the interviews or you will not be considered
- Current resume
- Australian photo ID for Australian citizens
- Passport and VISA for overseas candidates
- Tax File Number or proof that you have applied for one
- Bank Account details
- Super fund details (if choosing your own fund)
- Darwin Turf Club Induction certificate of completion. Complete the induction by clicking through this link. https://www.onlineinduction.com/darwinturf/
- RSA if you are applying for bar or wait work (Any RSA done in any state of Australia Accepted)
- Duty Managers & Function Managers
- Bar & Functions Supervisors
- Wait Staff & Bar Attendants
- Stock Runners & Fridge Stackers
- Gates/Ticketing Staff & Door Attendants (Limited Roles)
- Kitchen hands & Chefs (Limited Roles)
- Clean Up Crew (Cup Day Only)
- Race Book Sellers (Cup Day Only)
- TAB Operators
RSA Requirements :
In accordance with the Liquor Act, Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificates for staff involved in the service of alcohol are compulsory in the Northern Territory, in line with the rest of Australia. Commission recognises all RSA certificates issued by accredited training providers from all other states and territories. All staff at Darwin Turf Club who work in the following areas must provide us with a copy of an Australian RSA within 30 days of commencing your employment:
- Duty Managers & Bar Supervisors
- Maître D & Functions Supervisors
- Bar Staff
- Food & Beverage Staff (Wait Staff)
- Stock Runners
It is a Darwin Turf Club requirement that all staff serving alcohol are over 18 years of age. Staff under the age of 18 years are able to apply for roles as Stock Runners, Glassies, Kitchen and Kiosk Service. All staff applying for work under the age of 18 must attend the interview with a parent or guardian.
ONLINE RSA – $15.99. Your RSA Certificate will be emailed to the HR Team once you have completed and paid for the course.
ONLINE RSG – $15.99. Your RSG Certificate will be emailed to the HR Team once you have completed and paid for the course. There is no requirement for an RSG within any role at Darwin Turf Club, so it is not a job requirement to obtain one to gain employment.ONLINE RSA & RSG Bundle – $29.99. Your RSA & RSG Certificate will be emailed